2018 Job available:
Kennel Worker & Canoe Guide
Wage: $15 an hour for 40 hours a week
Start Date: Mid March
- Predominantly outdoor in all kinds of weather attending to needs of the kennel. Some desk work for preparation of schedules logs and reports.
- In Algonquin Park leading flat water canoe trips
- Managing the kennels daily needs
- Daily maintenance of dogs to include, cleaning, watering, feeding, grooming, socializing, exercising and free running dogs.
- Maintenance of physical kennel to include houses, chains, landscaping
- Daily monitoring of heath of dogs and administering medications as directed
- Maintain and open and close relationship with our veterinarian
- To ensure the safety and pleasure of the clients during Chocpaw flat water canoe trips in Algonquin park
- Pack all equipment for the trips.
- Clean and store all equipment after expedition is finished
- Wilderness First Responder Certification
- Past expedition/tripping experience
- Must love dogs
- ORCKA flat water 1, 2, 3 certification
- Minimum of Bronze Medallion swimming certification (Life Guard is preffered)
- Driver’s license
- Can obtain a clean Police record check including vulnerable sector at own expense
If you have the above qualification and are looking for a rewarding position, please contact Marg Reid by sending cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org